Presenter: Paul Kaymark CPA, Nigro & Nigro
Day one: Government Funds
Day two: Enterprise Funds
Developing a budget is one of the most important functions for a local government. It is also one of the most difficult. Identifying priorities, forecasting revenue, addressing competing interests, determining the correct strategies, estimating cost of service, and ultimately allocating a limited pool of resources involves careful planning and effective decision making across an entire organization. This webinar will address these budgetary concerns:
• What is the best way to budget for my local government?
• Why is budgeting important beyond the finance office?
• How can governments best allocate resources during challenging times?
• Which budget practices improve equitable provision of services?
• How can the budget process encourage decision making aligned with community priorities?
• How do we overcome the most significant technical challenges in budgeting?
• How can governments survive, adjust, and thrive during an economic crisis?
Two half-day sessions
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. each day
$175 CSDA Member